Thursday 30 December 2010

New Year Resolutions

Warning: If you are after intellectual material to stimulate extremely intelligent conversation, not today please. Thank you :)  Just thought I should get that off my chest, now let's continue.

As we approach the new year, new year resolutions are frequently discussed in social circles and I don't usually make them but I have decided to make an exception this year. I have heard quite a few already from friends and family. Here they are: lose weight (Nah!), get a better education (No thanks, I'll take the money), drink less alcohol (err mmm), quit smoking (haven't got that far),  recycle more (i think i already do too much of it).

I have put together my very own list:

Jump out of bed when the alarm rings
To jump out of bed when the alarm rings and not crawl out thirty minutes later, I can already see all the things I can achieve in the mornings: eat breakfast at home, apply my make up properly, time to plan the day before leaving home etc. Perhaps going to bed before 1am would be very helpful. 

Make more friends
By that I mean in real life not all those people I wish happy birthday once a year on Facebook! I haven't made new friends in ages and haven't really kept the old ones alive. Spending my weekends doing other things apart from sleeping will be a step in the right direction. Get out of the house, meet people, travel and do things people my age do (I wonder what that is)

Learn to dance properly
That bum wiggling, two dance move at the Christmas party must stop.

Get a better job
I have had enough of looking at those lovely dresses, shoes and bags on display with my face pressed to the shop windows. I will have to pay for all that shopping and travel I intend to do. Bye bye to the sale only shopping (err, maybe not!)

Get Married
If my mother has her way, then this is the year. Any takers? OK, maybe not straight away, but still, any takers?? ha! It would stop me from trying to catch the bouquet (without any luck) at weddings.
N.B: Broke guys need NOT apply.

Feel free to make suggestions of what you think I should add to my list or share your new year resolutions with me. Have a happy new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment